Internet Hairdressing?

Hair and beauty salons

Reach your potential with internet growth.

Our market research shows that an increasing number of new customers visiting your salon will have come via an internet search. We have learned that 47% will assess your salon through other’s reviews on the internet, as well as considering the standard of services you offer. The remaining 53% will come to your salon because you are local, or they have walked past your door, or they have been recommended by a trusted friend.

We have also discovered that almost half of the 47% of internet searchers were visitors to the area. At this time of the year, we see weddings everywhere, graduations being celebrated, tourists from abroad visiting the UK. All of those potential customers look to the internet to provide a simple answer to their question “where can I find a reliable hair or beauty salon”?

Web presence is like having hundreds of shop-fronts for everyone to see. You attract the locals as well as the internet searchers. Indeed, there is a direct relationship between your footfall on the web and the footfall through your door. The big question is how do you increase your we presence and there is no single answer to this. As a guide, the more times that you are mentioned on the internet, the easier it is to find you. For example, your Facebook page leaves a footprint on the internet, as does your Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter accounts.  If you are registered with Yell.com or any other general listing site,  you have created another footprint.

So where does Defacto fit into all of this? Our website was designed by salon owners, for salon owners and makes your web presence far greater than before. It also makes it simpler to manage. As technicians, we have done all the hard work in the background, including SEO, PPC and all the other juicy ingredients needed to make your web presence grow. Through our website, you can post announcements to Facebook (new products, available appointments, new staff, special offers), as well as posting job or seat rental vacancies. It doesn’t cost anything to make these postings so you can do it as often as you want. Your website and all your social media accounts are brought under one roof.  Even your on-line appointment booking system is brought into Defacto’s website making it even easier for your clients  to reach you. Don’t forget, your customers want an easy life as well!

Hair and beauty salons across the UK normally don’t have much time to focus on web presence, preferring to give their time to clients. However, developing client’s awareness of what you offer is part of daily life for salon owners. The most natural and efficient way of doing this is to do this over the internet to as many potential clients as possible.

When building your marketing strategy, consider the internet searchers and love them as much as regular clients.

Leave a Reply

© 2017 Defacto Salons Registered Office: 70 West Regent Street Glasgow G2 2QZ

Web Design Glasgow Adeo Group