Posts Tagged ‘’
5 Product’s Everyone’s Talking About: May
Friday, May 27th, 2016
Make up is so fast moving. There are new collections out constantly and we just can’t keep up sometimes!
However, from Kylie’s new liquid lips to budget concealers, we’re going to mention a few beauty products that have been making a splash this week!
We are going to quickly discuss 5 make up pieces that have been getting talked about this week, hopefully you’ll find something you desire in the collection…
Kylie’s Lip Kit in the colour Majesty
This one was obviously going to be here. Kylies lip kits are notoriously good, with matte and metallic lipsticks as well as lip-glosses. Everyone wants one of these. However, fans were keen to see a black lip in the range and Kylie obliged. She debuted the shade on Snapchat, showing off the matte, yet metallic nature of the kit. It even had blue undertones! Needless to say it might not be a day-to-day shade but we want it nonetheless.
Barry M Illuminating Strobe Cream
Yes, yes we know, there is a new highlighter every other day that you NEED to try. It comes in two shades to suit lighter and darker skin tones and its only £4.99 as well so that’s a massive plus! It’s handy and small and applies like a soft sheeny finish. It’s everything you could want and we suggest you give it a go!
Urban Decay’s Vice Collection
As you may know Urban Decay pulled all their lipsticks to release a new collection. This is the vice collection, fronted by Ruby Rose. Vice will feature all of the current UD shades, as well as a few discontinued colours, some limited-edition beauties and a few newbie’s in a whole range of finishes (six, to be exact): Mega Matte, Comfort Matte, Cream, Metalized, Sheer, and Sheer Shimmer. It’s going to be the biggest lipstick launch ever and we cannot wait. The also aim to be really nourishing for your lips with vitamin C, aloe, avocado oil, and babassu oil. Each one will be £15.
Maybelline Fit Me Concealer
Its hard to get an amazing concealer for an amazing price, before it was all about the Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection concealer as a money saving dupe for higher priced brands. Now the Fit Me concealer has stepped in. described as being a long lasting, non-cakey and blendable. Big name beauty bloggers and even make up artists have been talking about their love for this concealer and at £5.99 it’s a good buy too.
Too Faced Sweet Peach Palette
Everyone loves Too Faced palettes with their super blendable pigments and their gorgeous packaging but the Sweet Peach Palette has been getting a lot of love. It has super summery shades, as well as darker ones, and obviously it smells of peaches! Everyone has been raving about it and for good reason! Price – roughly £33
We hope we’ve influenced your next make up splurge if you don’t already have these products in mind!
From Kylie Jenner to Hawaiian Shirts: Our Coachella 2016 Favs!
Tuesday, April 19th, 2016
With the first weekend of American music festival Coachella having come and gone it gives us time to reflect on the style highlights.
Though there are some pretty outlandish outfits and style choices, here at Defacto, we chose to show you some of our personal favorites.
8) We loved Freida Pinto’s cute and feminine floral cropped bandeau top, paired with short dungarees and nude peep toe heels.
7) Brooklyn Beckham showed off his style chops with a red semi sheer Hawaiian shirt. Something we’d be used to seeing quirky dresser Harry Styles in, but Brooklyn rocks it in his own right!
6) Shay Mitchell wore a simple black playsuit with mid-length float-y sleeves and a plunging neckline. Her choice was understated and sexy but topped off with a statement choker; it makes it so much more special.
5) Crochet is always a feature at any festival but Kendall Jenner jumped in feet first with this dress. Definitely not something your average visitor to T in the Park would be able to strut about in but pretty all the same. She also chose to wear messy double buns and tried her hand at the Internet trend for glitter roots.
4) Coming in at number four, we have reigning Coachella Queen Vanessa Hudgens. She’s here simply because we are proud she is retaining her title and giving us consistent style and boho chic.
3) Appearing at the Calvin Klein party, Amandla Stenberg makes the rest of us feel like we’re trying too hard with the effortless level of cool she exudes. Her Calvin Klein sportswear combined with loose trousers and white trainers is a look we could only pull off at home, but she makes it look like the future.
2) It wouldn’t be a popular event without Kylie Jenner in a wig, and so far she’s worn two equally eye-catching hairpieces. The peach one is something we’ve never thought of but suddenly desperately need and the multicoloured pastel rainbow one is something we’ve seen on Instagram and now want even more.
1) Cute couple Jayden Smith and Sarah Snyder made Coachella seem like there was nobody else there but them. Seen kissing, holding hands and even cart wheeling the two young lovebirds made us want to go and share the festival experience with someone special. Also they look so incredibly cool.
Tell us who your highlight of Coachella’s first weekend, whether it be a dress, a celeb or a performance!
Kylie Jenner – The truth behind those lips!
Thursday, May 14th, 2015
The long winded international nightmare is over people, we finally know the truth about Kylie Jenner and her perfectly plump pout. At this point, it may seem like everyone has exhausted the topic of the Kardashian stepsisters lips and trust us, the sentiment is mutual — but, with her only coming clean this past week about her use of temporary lip fillers, we wonder, how ever will the internet survive without the drama?
For weeks people worldwide have been testing the #KylieJennerChallenge in a bid to recreate her full figured kisser. To join in the challenge, people would take a small round device (cup, shot glass, whatever!), wrap their lips under the rim and suck, trapping the blood vessels and making the lips look fuller. Although, fuller is the understatement of the century when putting the challenge into practise. Not only is the physical act of suctioning your lips like this grotesque, it’s also risky. One challenger posted a photo after they suctioned too much and broke the glass on their face!
Aside from the possibility of permanent physical and emotional damage, the challenge is also really mean. Really, it’s just making fun of the baby Jenner and her love of big lips.
In last week’s episode of Keeping Up with the Kardashians, Kylie came clean about the ‘real truth behind the lips’. Most shocking part of her reasoning? Because she wanted to, STOP PRESS!
“I have temporary lip fillers, it’s just an insecurity of mine and it’s what I wanted to do, I wanted to admit sooner, but people are so quick to judge me on everything, so I might have tiptoed around the truth — but I didn’t lie.”
But really though, on a scale of 1 to 10, how much do you care whether Kylie Jenner’s had her lips done? (One being really not caring and 10 being you lie awake at night wondering about various aspects of her lips) To be completely honest, we’re a pretty solid “1” when it comes to this situation. The amount of man hours that has gone into all the press surrounding the subject, including writing this blog post, TV coverage and general column inches show just how much the world cares about Kylie Jenners lips, and it turns out it’s a lot.
The bottom line (beyond “Who cares?”) is that we need to either a) stop expecting everyone to look a certain way or b) stop punishing them for signs of effort. Yes, it’s wishful thinking — but hey, sounds nice, doesn’t it? Which we now know Kylie did — albeit, several months later. But maybe now everything is all out in the open, we can finally move on to a different topic of discussion. Please?
If you are interested in (safely) recreating Ms Jenners plumped up pout, either browse through our extensive list of certified beauty salons, or, if you are really looking for a non invasive quick fix, try the Jenner inspired Fullips from listed salons across the UK.